Friday, December 24, 2010

Olive-Millet Grain Salad

Howdy! Time off means I'm let loose in the kitchen more often.  And I get munchy, and lazy, so about: home it's time to use up leftovers.  Today I had leftover millet in the fridge, so while I was at the store I got some olive mix, and made this millet salad.





Ingredients:
1 cup of millet
1 cup assorted olives (the better the quality the olives, the better the salad. . .I don't recommend canned olives if you can find them in brine in the prepared food section of your grocery)
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 can chickpeas (about 1/2-2/3 cup), rinsed
1 t balsamic vinegar
2 large cloves garlic, run through a garlic press
Any fresh or dried herbs you like, up to 1-2 tablespoons fresh, or 1-2 teaspoons dried.  Oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, mint, or sage could fit here.
Toss all ingredients together, and adjust salt olive oil, and vinegar to taste.  Ideally allow it to set overnight for th flavors to marinate.  I like to serve it room temperature, or even a little warm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, especially if you have a recipe to share!