A rare baked dish--I usually feel safer sauteing anything I eat so I can keep an eye on it. No picture, because I forgot until after we ate. Jim was bummed about "boring" chicken until it was served. . .and there were no leftovers!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1 T chopped oregano
- 1 T chopped chives (or 1/4 large white onion, chopped fine)
- 1 t chopped rosemary (or 1 4-in sprig, not chopped)
- a handful of baby carrots
- 1 T lemon juice
- dash of olive oil
- 2 T butter (or 1 T butter and 1 T rice flour in 1/4 c of water)
- 2 T white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped fine or run through a garlic press
Roughly cut 1/3 of a cabbage. Place in 1/2 c of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to medium, and allow to cook 5-10 minutes or until cabbage reaches desired doneness. Remove from any remaining water.
Flavoring Choices for Cabbage:
- Whisk 1 T butter into the cooking water for the cabbage. Add a dash of lemon juice, and/or 1 t grated lemon rind and toss with cabbage.
- Instead of water, cook cabbage in 1/c white wine with 1 t chopped rosemary and 1/2 t salt.
- After cabbage is cooked, drain the water and add cook cabbage with 1/4 cup cream and 1 clove of garlic for 5 minutes.
- 2 red potatoes, eyes removed and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 c milk, half/half, or cream
- 1 T butter
- 2 T chopped chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste