Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mixin' It Up

Photo Credit: Teresa Y Green
Hi, everyone! I've been off this blog for a year now, and have really missed it. Where else can I put my pictures of food? A lot has happened food-wise in the past year, so it felt like the right time to bring the blog back up to speed.

For almost a year now, I've eaten gluten-free. Close to starch free, with a few notable binges on gluten-free starches that were not nearly as fulfilling as I imagined them. 

Now, I've looked at a lot of "gluten-free" recipes. If they work with baked goods, they seem like a lot of trouble to find something that "sort of" tastes like a gluten-y goody. Many people love these recipes, and for those that do, carry on. I find them too much trouble for the product. So I've opted for recipes that don't need gluten in the first place. (I have the same idea towards vegetarian dishes--why make a veggie dish to act like meat? Let the veggies be themselves. Then again, I'm not a vegetarian  so maybe the added variety from "mock meats" is more important when you limit your options.)

So here's the 2.0 version of the site: I will post recipes I love that are gluten-free, low starch, and real, clean food. Sort of Paleo, but I just hate the name Paleo, so not going to claim it. If you have anything you want to try but want someone else to burn it first, let me know. I may be up for the challenge. 

Thanks for the readership, and happy cooking!
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, especially if you have a recipe to share!